Supporting Veterans and CHAMPVA Beneficiaries
As a Veterans Service Officer, you might wonder how you can help VA beneficiaries make the right decision to choose Delta Dental’s Veterans Affairs Dental Insurance Program for their dental coverage under VADIP. Here are some facts about VADIP that you may find useful:
- The waiting period under the Comprehensive Plan is 12 months for major restorative, oral surgery and prosthodontic services. The waiting period under the Enhanced Plan is 12 months for endodontics and periodontics.
- Simple extractions are the only oral surgery codes covered under the Standard and Enhanced plans.
- Orthodontia is not a benefit.
- Delta Dental offers a large, nationwide network of quality dentists at the lowest out-of-pocket costs for VADIP beneficiaries. These dentists also submit claims for VADIP beneficiaries and accept payment directly from Delta Dental.
- Each plan has low cost-shares.
Delta Dental Veterans Affairs Dental Insurance Program Video
Order enrollment materials
To order enrollment materials, use our Materials Order Form.
Print enrollment materials
You can download and print enrollment materials immediately.
Find a Delta Dental dentist
Help VADIP beneficiaries locate a Delta Dental VADIP network dentist who offers the lowest out-of-pocket costs and file claims for beneficiaries.
Veterans and beneficiaries don’t need an enrollment card to receive VADIP dental services. They simply can provide the dentist with the group number and the primary subscriber’s Social Security number or alternative identification number, and the dental office can use that information to verify eligibility and benefits. The group number can be found in the Benefits Booklet.
If a VADIP beneficiary still would like a card, one can be printed from our Consumer Toolkit®.
File a dental claim
VADIP beneficiaries do not need to submit claims when they receive services from a VADIP network dentist. Delta Dental VADIP network dentists agree to handle all claims and paperwork for beneficiaries.